Saturday, February 21, 2009

Preperation for the Beijing Marathon in May 2009


Great Wall Marathon

I just signed up for the Great Wall Half Marathon. Everybody is talking about this Marathon because it seems to be very tough, but also beautiful and a definitely extraordinary experience. I am sure the 5164 steps of the Great Wall will put my physique to the test, and the breathtaking surroundings of Tianjin Province will compete with my tired muscles for attention. For me The Great Wall Marathonis is really something special. It is an ideal way to combine a marathon with exploring one of the world’s most astonishing sights.

The magnificent wall was begun more than 2,000 years ago and has evolved from a rampart made of earth to an enormous fortified wall several meters high. Now the impressive wall has grown a little rickety and the Chinese watchmen have been replaced by travellers and, for just one day a year by Runners!

The rugged steps and the blazing Chinese sun are some of the things that make The Great Wall Marathon challenging. But the exceptionally beautiful mountain ridges of the Tianjin Province will hpefully keep my attention off my tired legs and help keep me going.

You think it is to difficult. Try it out! Think positive! I try it!!

For registration and all information on the full marathon and 1/2 marathon. www.Great-Wall-Marathon.com.cn

In the blog will keep you informed about how it goes with the preperation.
12 weeks are left. So lets start with the first week and good balanced nutrition.
I am more than happy to have the opertunity to be introduced to Ruben a Fitness Coach. I did run a lot in the past and I also did the full Berlin Marathon in 2004, but this is a challance, hill running and thousend of Steps is quit new for me. That´s why listen to Ruben
I will keep you inforemed about my experiences and preperation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home